Fire at The Colony in Woodstock extinguished without incident

Woodstock’s fire department was notified this past Monday morning at 8:44 of a fire in the third-floor fireplace of The Colony on Rock City Road. According to Woodstock fire chief Kevin Peters, it was fortunate that someone was in the building at the time. The fire department was called promptly, and the fire was extinguished without incident. All the Woodstock companies participated, and there was mutual aid from the Centerville and West Hurley departments, plus Olive on standby. Forty or 50 firefighters participated, according to chief Peters. Foul play was not involved . . .


This page can be viewed only by subscribers.

Have an e-subscription or Hudson Valley One Premium membership? Log in

Not yet a subscriber? Sign up here.