What is now the Station Bar & Curio began its life in 1900 as the Brown’s Station building for the stop on the old Ulster and Delaware line that brought passengers from Kingston Point to Oneonta. Separate branches went to Kaaterskill and Hunter.
The building was moved to become the Ashokan station in 1913 after Brown’s Station became underwater, flooded along with many other communities in the construction of the Ashokan Reservoir. It served as a working railroad station until 1954 when the trains ceased operation.
Victor Basil purchased and moved the station to 101 Tinker Street, Woodstock . . .
This page can be viewed only by subscribers.
Have an e-subscription or Hudson Valley One Premium membership? Log in
Not yet a subscriber? Sign up here.