Mohonk Mountain House is expected to reopen this Friday, Feb. 14 after a week of being closed following an outbreak of norovirus.
According to an Associated Press wire report, “several hundred guests and staff” fell ill on Jan. 31. Mohonk eventually had to hire a disaster-remediation company -- BMS Cat -- to disinfect the hotel.
Norovirus, also known as stomach flu, is a gastrointestinal illness that’s easily spread. People catch it through direct person-to-person contact and also by contacting contaminated surfaces.
The story first broke in the Middletown-based daily, the Times Herald-Record. That paper reported on . . .
This page can be viewed only by subscribers.
Have an e-subscription or Hudson Valley One Premium membership? Log in
Not yet a subscriber? Sign up here.