Tavern lore: McGillicuddy’s brought life to once-troubled storefront

In terms of historical bars in New Paltz, McGillicuddy’s Restaurant & Tap House is a youngster. The building at 84 Main Street is also relatively new -- built in 1945.

But despite its relatively brief history, 84 Main has housed a horde of businesses. Mostly, that’s because it struggled to find a use that fit it early on. Turnover was fairly constant. At one point, prior to McGillicuddy’s coming in, people were uncertain that anything could thrive there at all.


Before there was “Cuddy’s”

In an earlier life, where McGillicuddy’s sits now, was . . .


This page can be viewed only by subscribers.

Have an e-subscription or Hudson Valley One Premium membership? Log in

Not yet a subscriber? Sign up here.