We’ve just received the snow emergency removal plan submitted by DPW Superintendent Michael Schupp.
Be advised – Because this is expected to be a long drawn out storm, a plan of action has been devised by the DPW Management team to effectively plow city streets and deliver other services (sanitation) based on the current forecast and staffing levels. I have included an outline of that plan and it be will be amended as needed.
· A Snow Emergency has been declared and is in effect as of 3:00 pm today (Thursday, January 2, 2014) and will remain in effect for 48 hours unless otherwise posted.
· Parking Enforcement shall commence at 8:00 pm, Thursday, January 2, 2014 in all residential areas of the city. Business districts will be enforced after 10:00 pm, January 2, 2014.
· Vehicles along Snow Emergency Routes should be ticketed and towed after 8:00 pm, January 2, 2014 and KPD will be needed to help enforce parking along those routes.
· Priority routes will be maintained throughout the storm and Snow Emergency Routes will be maintained until about 9:00 pm this evening. A general call out of all DPW personnel will commence at approximately 2:00 am, January 3, 2014. If you need maps of those routes please let me know and we can e-mail them to you.
· Refuse/Recycling pick up will be suspended for Friday, January 3. Regular pick up of the Thursdayrefuse/recycling route will commence Saturday, January 4.
· Christmas tree pick up will be suspended until Monday, January 6, 2014.
· City Parking Lots – access and egress points along w/driving lanes will be plowed. Lots will not be completely plowed until after all streets are properly cleared of snow.