Perrine’s Bridge in Rifton is one of New York’s historical covered wooden bridges, built in 1844 by Benjamin West. The 154-foot-long span, built with a Burr arch truss, is a destination site for bridge-lovers, kayakers, hikers and photographers. The single-lane pedestrian bridge, placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973, was renovated in 1993. Owned by the Town of Esopus, Perrine’s Bridge is free and open to the public. It crosses the Wallkill River just off of Route 213 next to the New York State Thruway.