New York State Police arrested a New Paltz man Friday, May 3, on felony drug and gun charges.
Johnny Jones, 43, of New Paltz, was arrested on the following charges:
- Criminal Possession of Controlled Substance in the first degree
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the second degree
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the third degree
- a Class B Felony Criminal Possession of Stolen Property in the fourth degree
- Obstructing Governmental Administration
- Criminal use of Drug Paraphernalia in the second degree
- Unlawful Possession of Marijuana
The arrest concluded a ten-month State-Police investigation into the illegal trafficking of cocaine, crack cocaine, and marijuana in the town of New Paltz. Jones was arrested subsequent to a search warrant executed at his residence in the town of New Paltz. According to police, approximately 850 grams of cocaine and crack cocaine were seized from his residence, along with a stolen .40 caliber handgun, numerous rounds of ammunition, scales, drug packaging, marijuana, and about $10,000 in U.S. Currency. Also seized was a 2006 BMW pursuant to the investigation.
Jones was processed and arraigned in the town of New Paltz. He was remanded to the Ulster County Jail on $100,000 cash bail, $250,000 Bond.