The search for a missing kayaker that began Tuesday afternoon has been discontinued, police said Thursday afternoon. The body of a missing man believed to be the kayaker has yet to be discovered. Police declined to release the man’s name.
The search began Tuesday afternoon after an overturned kayak was found on the Wallkill River in the vicinity of Rt. 213.
The following agencies assisted in the search:
- State Police Highland
- State Police URT Troops F and K
- Ulster County Sheriff’s Department with Dive Team
- Rosendale Town Police Department
- Rifton Fire Department
- Ulster Hose Company #5
- Tillson Fire Department
- New Paltz Fire Department
- Esopus Fire Department
- Espous Ambulance
- Mobile Life Support Services
- Ulster County Department of Emergency Management