UPDATE FROM THE CITY, 11:42 a.m., 3/16:
Due to significant non-compliance of the on-street parking ban, the Department of Public Works is unable to remove snow effectively. While the department will continue to plow the streets, the snow emergency has been lifted.
Snow removal that was originally planned for today has been cancelled. Snow removal will now take place overnight, from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. Tonight’s snow removal will take place in Uptown Kingston (Wall St., Main St.-North Front St. and Fair St.-North Front to Main St. and surrounding areas.) Parking is banned on these streets tonight. Additional snow removal operations will be scheduled.
Below are further updates on conditions and services in the City of Kingston, as of March 16 at 11 a.m.:
• Mayor Noble has put in a formal request with the Ulster County Emergency Management for county and state resources and assistance.
• 15 trucks are currently deployed. The majority are working to plow streets. A crew is also out collecting trash. As a reminder, the trash collection schedule is below:
o Tuesday pickups are being collected today
o Wednesday pickups will be collected Friday (3/17)
o Thursday pickups will be collected Saturday (3/18)
• Property owners are again asked to clear their sidewalks immediately.
• Citibus is running on a normal schedule.
UPDATE FROM THE CITY, 10:46 a.m., 3/15:
- The local state of emergency in the city of Kingston has been lifted.
- The snow emergency and related parking restrictions are still in effect until further notice. No vehicles should be parked on city streets unless in designated snow emergency alternate side parking areas.
- The Department of Public Works is working to open up all city streets. There are some streets which have not been plowed and those will be prioritized immediately. The department will work to push back snow on all city streets. It is expected that this will result in additional snow blocking driveways and ending up on sidewalks. Please continue to clear sidewalks as soon as possible. Additional updates regarding municipal lot cleanups and the lifting of the on-street parking ban will be provided as soon as possible.
- There will be no Citibus services today. Services are expected to resume Thursday morning.
- There is no trash collection today. The following is the updated trash collection schedule:
- Tuesday collection will instead be picked up on Thursday (3/16)
- Wednesday collection will instead be picked up on Friday (3/17)
- Thursday collection will instead be picked up on Saturday (3/18)
- There will be no after school programming at either the Rondout Neighborhood Center or Everette Hodge Community Center today.
With Winter Storm Stella bearing down on the Hudson Valley, the city of Kingston has declared a snow emergency beginning at 5 a.m. on Tuesday, March 14.
Parking restrictions: At 7 a.m., two hours after the snow emergency begins, all parking restrictions will go into effect and tickets will be issued for cars still located on the street or not in the appropriate alternate side street parking. Cars may also be towed.
Snow emergency parking – Alternate side street parking as posted in designated areas only. March 14 will be an even day. The city suggests vehicle owners with snow emergency alternate side parking should also consider moving their cars off the street as the abundance of snow is likely to cause cars remaining on the street to get stuck. An alert will be sent out when parking restrictions have been lifted.
No trash collection until further notice.
No citibus services until further notice.
Administrative services will be limited at various city facilities.
Additional parking information:
For those who do not have off-street parking, alternative designated parking is available at the following locations:
- Uptown Area – North Front Street lots, Former Parking Garage area, and the Dietz Stadium lot.
- Midtown Area – Sea Deli lot, Hodge Center, Cornell Street lot, Prince Street lot, and the AME Zion Church at Franklin Street lot. Lot next to Arace, Broadway Commons (Former Kings Inn Lot).
- Downtown Area – Dock Street lot (behind Mariner’s Harbor), both lots on Dock Street (on Rondout under bridge), Visitor’s Center lot, Abeel Street (passed The Armadillo), the Trolley Museum lot and Kingston point Beach lot.
Off-street parking is also available at the following city parks:
- Block Park
- Forsyth Park
- Loughran Park
- Kingston Point Park/Beach
Snow Emergency Routes will be maintained as priorities for plowing throughout the storm. For more information or for a snow-related service request during a snow emergency, call 845-338-2114 for immediate assistance.