With a winter storm bearing down on the Hudson Valley, the City of Kingston has declared a Snow Emergency beginning 4 a.m. on Thursday, February 9, until further notice.
- PARKING RESTRICTIONS: At 6 p.m., two hours after the snow emergency begins, all parking restrictions will go into effect and tickets will be issued for cars still located on the street or not in the appropriate alternate side street parking. Snow Emergency Parking – Alternate Side Street parking as posted in designated areas. Note: Thursday is an odd day.
- TRASH PICK UP: There will be no trash pickup on Thursday. The city is asking residents not to put trash bins out for Friday pick up until after 5 p.m. on Thursday.
- CITIBUS: Citibus service will be suspended on Thursday, Feb. 9 until further notice.
For those who do not have off-street parking, alternative designated parking is available at the following locations:
- Uptown Area – North Front Street lots, Former Parking Garage area, and the Dietz Stadium lot. (Dietz Stadium lot is available for overnight parking, but residents are asked not to park near the large piles of snow that will be removed throughout the night.)
- Midtown Area – Sea Deli lot, Hodge Center, Cornell Street lot, Prince Street lot, and the AME Zion Church at Franklin Street lot. Lot next to Arace, Broadway Commons (Former Kings Inn Lot)
- Downtown Area – Dock Street lot (behind Mariner’s Harbor), both lots on Dock Street (on Rondout under bridge), Visitor’s Center lot, Abeel Street (passed The Armadillo), the Trolley Museum lot and Kingston point Beach lot.
Snow emergency routes will be maintained as priorities for plowing throughout the storm. For more information or for a snow-related service request during a snow emergency, call 845-338-2114 for immediate assistance. Dispatchers are available beginning at 4 a.m. Thursday.