Bacchus Restaurant is another New Paltz tavern with a surprising amount of history behind it. Now celebrating its 41st anniversary in business, Bacchus sits in a building that struggled to find a long-term use for years -- that is, until Wayne Bradford moved in and named his establishment after the Greek god of wine and partying.
Early days: Leading to the current structure
The brick building at 4 South Chestnut Street is a second attempt. Back in 1891, a smaller building occupied the site. It housed A.C. Yeaple’s barber shop and shoe repair store. That . . .
This page can be viewed only by subscribers.
Have an e-subscription or Hudson Valley One Premium membership? Log in
Not yet a subscriber? Sign up here.